Please apply for a vacancy by requesting an application pack directly from the school office or contact us. You will be provided with more specific detail about the post as well as being provided with an application form and covering letter to complete.
Visits to the school are always welcome.
» SEND Teaching Assistant (Band D Fixed Term Contract)(click to show/hide details)
£14,354 per annum (actual salary)
30 hours per week (8.45am to 3.15pm) – Term Time and INSET days
Our children and their families deserve someone with the right personality to ensure that they are well cared for and encouraged to try their very best within their learning environment.
This post is perfect for someone who is confident in using their initiative as well as contributing to the whole school community.
- Either have experience and confidence in supporting a child with Speech, Language and Communication Needs or a child diagnosed with Autism as well as a good understanding of Social, Emotional and Mental < li>Health needs.
- Actively demonstrate a commitment to placing children at the centre of your daily work
- Be able to follow and implement advice/strategies provided by specialist staff from MK council timely and effectively. Sharing your reviews confidently with the SENCO, class teachers and other professionals.
- Be willing to engage in appropriate training opportunities linked to the needs of your child.
- Be able and willing to ensure that pupils are supported in their learning
- Work well within a team and establish good working relationships
- Have a good understanding of children and be able to communicate well with them
- Have a caring personality with the ability to firmly encourage good behaviour
- Have the confidence and initiative to tackle challenges with flexibility and good humour
- Be confident with using IT – particularly knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of online portals.
- Be willing to support children for 30 minutes of their lunch time with positive play
We will offer you:
- A dedicated, friendly and established staff team to work with
- A hardworking Learning Support Team
- A chance to have a real impact on children’s enjoyment and learning environment
- A caring and happy work place
- Regular support and training opportunities
- Access to a computer for planning and recording
Application Form, Job Description/Person Specification and Safeguarding details are available from the School Office upon request by either coming in to school, emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org), or posting in a stamped and addressed envelope. Completed applications must be addressed to the Head-teacher.
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th March 2021 at 10am
Anticipated Interview Date: Thursday 18th March 2021
Falconhurst is a school committed to safeguarding its children; therefore any offer of post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
We reserve the right to close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.